Beautiful shot of my Windranger debut at Supanova Sydney 2015 by Ducky Jessica Photography. I will be bringing her again to Smash Sydney 2015 in August, please come say hi!! (I'm so lonely!)
- Materials used were Eva & Craft foam, styrofoam balls, rooster feathers, a wooden dowel cut in two, and a ton of painting
- Acrylic paints + mod podge sealing coat
- Bow disassembles in half from the middle where they screw together
- Leaves are layered craft foam (2-4 layers depending on which leaf)
- Inside the layered leaves are a strip of cardboard to make it slightly more rigid, otherwise they would fold!
Featherfall Quiver & Arrows (can't see in picture)
- Made from Eva & craft foam and painted with acrylics.
- Arrows made from giant thin dowel and craft foam.
- Large arrow was made for posing purposes. Created from leftover dowel and craft foam 'feather' and arrowhead
- Layered craft foam
- Painted with acrylics
- Purchased two really cheap crappy belts from Ebay and cut them apart
- Armoured parts are craft foam heated and shaped to the curve I needed them to be
- Painted with acrylics and sealed with mod podge
Greaves & Gauntlets
- Layered craft foam (like the pauldrons)
- Gauntlets are two parts glued together with velcro attachments
- Greaves are one parts. I only wanted to make front half (lazy) and the back are just 3 velcro straps going horizontal around my calves
For a bit more indepth pictures, check out my Facebook album for my Windranger (I'll be happy to answer questions about my construction as well)www.facebook.com/stephie.wan/m…